Geographical Indications of Origin
Geographical indications of origin are the names of places, areas, regions or countries as well as any other indications or signs used in the course of trade to identify the geographical origin of goods or services.
- National, regional (EU) and international registration of trademarks with the German Patent and Trademark Office (DPMA), The European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) and the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO).
- Enforcement of the property rights, in and out of court
- Prosecution of opposition, appeals and cancellation proceedings at the DPMA, the EUIPO, the General Court (EU), the European Court of Justice (ECJ), the BPatG and Regional/Higher Regional Courts (Landgerichte – LG / Oberlandesgerichte – OLG)
- Border seizure applications
- Searches for identical and similar patents worldwide
- Expert opinions on the validity and infringement of trademarks
- Trademark monitoring
- Internet monitoring (for counterfeits)